Church of Our Lady of Miracles

This church which was reconstructed in 1674 A.D. was originally built in 1594 A.D. The people believe that Lady of Miracles is the Sister of Goddess Layeerai . The temple of Goddess Layeerai is situated in Sirigao in Bicholim taluka. This church which is also known as St. Jerome’s Church of Mapusa, which partially destroyed in fire in 1836 and was rebuilt in 1839 A.D.

Leave a Comment